I have worked in the creative arts for over 25 years and am currently Acting Course Leader for BA Hons. Photography at Nottingham Trent University. I have recently worked at Bradford College (BA Hons. Photography) and Leeds Beckett University (BSc Photographic Journalism). Having spent many years working at the National Media Museum, and following my original training in fine art, my current practice reflects my interests in heritage, historic material and archives. I have a particular interest in the complicated relationship between art and photography which forms the backbone of my PhD research, which I began at the University of Nottingham, Department of Art History, in October 2013.
Acting Course Leader: BA Hons. Photography, Nottingham Trent University
Lecturer: BA Hons. Photography, Bradford College
Lecturer: BSc Hons. Photojournalism, Leeds Beckett University
Lecturer: BA Hons. Photography, University of Huddersfield
Artist in Residence, Bradford School of Arts and Media
Learning Programmes Co-ordinator, National Media Museum, Bradford
- MA Visual Art, Bradford College – Distinction
- Post Graduate Diploma, Post Compulsory Education and Training (PCET), Bradford College – Merit
- PhD student, University of Nottingham, Dept Art History (Current)
- Work in Progress: South Square Gallery, Bradford (group show) Feb – Mar 2013.
- Bradford:Photographs, Victoria Road, Saltaire, Saltaire Arts Trail, May 2013.
- MA Degree Show, The Crossley Gallery, Dean Clough, Halifax, Sept / Oct 2013.
- Jo Booth, A Rural Idyll, The Bowery Gallery, Leeds, Feb – May 2014.
- MA21, The Crossley Gallery, Dean Clough, Halifax, Sept / Oct 2013.
- Aesthetics of Geology, Hull School of Art and Design Foyer Gallery, October 2014.
- Lightlines Conference Artist-Speaker, Grimsby, May 2015.
- Tra-Digital Artbound Exhibition, Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax, June 2015.
- Bradford College Staff Showcase, Dye House Gallery, Bradford College, July 2015.
- Seven Day Suit at BRIGHTON PHOTO BIENNALE 2016.